Sunday, February 18, 2018

Hubcap Mania …


For some reason I've become enthralled with hubcaps. It all began with my last car. This was a pre-owned Acura that had wintered in Massachusetts and the wear and tear really showed ... mostly on the hubcaps. I figured this was no big deal because I would just replace them. Wow, little did I know how pricey that would be.   Even the little (less than 3”) center cap for the car I had was priced at $25 each. 
 
 
As it turned out it's a good thing I didn't waste the money because shortly after I bought the car I totaled it.  Luckily only my pride was injured !  Now I've replaced that car and my current hubcaps are in good shape and even include the cute little emblem:

 So now I’m all set … right ? Wrong !
I find that now I've developed an obsession with hubcaps even though the immediate need for them is gone for me. It’s become a game that I play while I am on the road. I am fascinated with the fact that a round circle could have so many configurations. Just when I think I’ve seem them all, I spot a new design. It’s endless.

 
  I really do need to get a life ...

6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I had never thought of it, but you have something here.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Lol. Your first sentence is not one I’ve read too often, Ginnie! Lol.

4:25 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Well, that seems relatively harmless! You could be fixated on things a lot worse!
I have a small collection of hubcaps here that I find on my land along the road. I usually prop them up against a Crape myrtle and they usually disappear. I always assumed the owner spotted it and gratefully took it back - but it may have been a collector... that's the next step isn't it?

5:31 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Ok, you made me look:)) I wasn't even sure I had hubcaps.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

well this certainly isn't a bad addiction, but one which certainly has kept you occupied and amused us as well, Ginnie. I never thought of all the round shapes but now will be on the lookout.

2:15 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Your hubcap dilemma reminds me of shopping with my dear wife at the Mall. I usually find a comfortable chair and say "I'll be waiting right here for you dear till you done"

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home