Tuesday, February 13, 2018

ENOUGH ALREADY ...


The last two blog entries have been about my first jobs and my much anticipated move to NY City in 1957. I am not about to follow those with the “story of my life” (as exciting as it's been for me) since my long time readers pretty much know it already and the rest of you can simply check out the “Archives” if you are interested.

I do want to say HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to each and every one of you and to thank you for all the good reading and the feedback that you have provided for me over the years. I also want to share that tomorrow I enter into a NEW LIFE PHASE !!  

I was born on February 15th, 1933 and that will make me 85 and holding. I don't take this lightly. Many of my friends have not made it to this age and, although I can thank my mother for good genes, I know that it is up to me to be diligent and to do the very best that I can to stay healthy from now on.

I gave up alcohol 29 years ago, never smoked and try to eat right and to keep active. The one thing that I hope to NEVER GIVE UP however is this blog. I think it's pretty clear by now that I love this way of expressing myself and it helps to keep my mind active. So, stay tuned and keep those comments coming !


6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have a wonderful birthday and do keep up your blog. I love reading it and going down memory lane with you,

7:02 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

An early greeting for a wonderful birthday, Ginnie! I hope you have many more years of good health and blogging!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You are amazing. Happy Birthday.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Happy Birthday Ginnie. And yes, 85 is a milestone though each of all the other ages are also-- just not quite as impressive:)) Keep blogging and enjoying good health.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy early Birthday, Ginnie, and ye you are reaching a milestone as I will be as well next year. It is best to remain active both physically and mentally and I was so glad to read that you intend to continue blogging. I plan to be around to continue reading. Hope you have a great Birthday🎂🎈 and terrific year ahead!

1:37 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Great new indeed Ginnie. I always look forward to your ever interesting posts...
Ray (Troutbirder)

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home