Thursday, January 04, 2018

Blogger entry # 1001 ...




It has been nearly 12 years since I started my blog and I just passed a milestone. This entry brings the number to one thousand and one that I've posted.  I don't say that in a bragging way but in awe of the fact that I've kept it up and enjoy it more now than ever.

My original idea, in 2006, was to write a bunch of vignettes that told the story of my life. I always regretted the fact that I knew so little of my own parents as children and young adults. Who were they? What were their dreams and accomplishments? I hoped, with the help of this blog, to supply my three children with those answers about their own mother and father and then to turn that into a book that I could give to them at Christmas that year. 

Well, I did produce that book for my children but, rather than being the finale I found that blogging  opened the flood gates for me. Each entry that I write prompts me to remember still more and to research thoroughly when details are vague in my memory... a great taxing of the mind. It is, and has been, an exhilarating memory experience and I am so thankful that it is available and it's FREE !

I am also thankful for you fellow bloggers who have reached out to be part of my life. You've come from all parts of the world as well as from America.  It is my hope that our combined words will "make the  WORLD  great again" and free us here in the U.S. from isolation and man-made walls.  

8 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

Congratulations. That’s quite a milestone! You’ve created a wonderful record for your children and grandchildren. You’ve also brightened my life along the way. Thank you! Many more blog posts to come I’m sure.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

WOW and congratulations on the milestone, Ginnie, and may you continue blogging until #2001. Thank you for sharing your life and memories as I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy reading your blog in 2018...Happy New Year to you.

12:39 PM  
Blogger joared said...

Happy New Year! Congratulations on your blog longevity! I started blogging in 2006, too, and continue to write spasmodically as old memories are triggered unexpectedly though I only share some, saving others for my family.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You're done really well. I have enjoyed your posts and look forward to many more.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Congrats on your impressive milestone. That is a lot of words to send out into the ether. I started for much the same reason you did then realized that only one member of my family reads my blog. I only just published # 800 so I have a ways to go yet. Keep the stories coming Ginnie. We are enjoying them.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Big John said...

Congratulations Ginnie. I'm not far behind you. Keep at it ! Happy New Year ... John

7:54 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Very impressive, Ginnie... and more than enjoyable! I think I 'found' you on Philip's blog - oh, how I miss him!

But best of all, we have become friends. Not just "blog friends" - but real friends in spite of the miles between us. I have enjoyed the phone calls and the actual physical visit when you made the trip to the Eastern Shore to see me! What a treat!

Your posts are always entertaining. Mine are rather boring by comparison - but my aim was mostly to keep a record of my little 4 acres here and the property in the Poconos which we have since sold... too much work to go up there anymore...
But I also included my critters and a few friends who seriously impacted my life, as have you.
I have been blessed to know you! Thanks for your posts- and thanks for YOU!!

11:13 AM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

You've made me smile or even think almost one thousand times
Ginnie and for that I thank you.
Ray (Troutbirder)

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home