Thursday, October 26, 2017

A mystery solved:


My young friend Amy and I were wandering around my backyard when she brought my attention to a strange plant growing inside my unused chicken coop.

It looked like a very small version of a cherry tomato plant and it really piqued her interest. How did it get there, would it get larger, was it edible, etc. etc. I promised her I would research it and when I did I was amazed at what I found and couldn't wait to share it with you. Here is a copy of my email to Amy with all the details:

Hi Amy: You really have a good eye for seeing things that a lot of us miss. I researched the little tomato plant that you showed me in the Chicken coop and guess what ?

Turns out it is very rare and the name of it is: “Lilliputian 'mater plant” and is considered a great delicacy by the wee people who search for it far and wide. The little people never grow bigger than 6” and one of the small tomatoes feeds 2 of them. They only come out at night and if they find any of these plants they celebrate with a raucous dance and song event but the “normal” people (like me) who live there never realize what is going on because their music and their voices sound just like the wind and rain to our ears.

Actually it's pretty scary, Amy, because I read that they get extremely annoyed if anyone digs up or gets rid of these plants. They've been known to gang up in large groups and attack the person who would do this. As you may remember I did just that and am afraid for my life and finding it hard to get any sleep. If you ever come by and I don't answer the door please break in. I might just be bound and tethered on the kitchen floor and can only hope that you get to me in time.

Despite all that I thank you and consider it a learning experience. Sending a hug, Ginnie
 



4 Comments:

Blogger Ginnie said...

I had some problem posting this entry so I deleted my first attempt but 2 people had commented on it so here is what they said:

Joared said: I’ll be on pins and needles awaiting your next post to reassure me the “little people” have not attacked you. Delightful explanation for the unexplainable!

Baili said: Liliputain!
looks a lovely plant .how interesting you found it growing into your coop my friend

8:09 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Thanks, Ginnie... I needed a smile!

PS, keep a small pair of scissors in your pocket in case you need to cut the mini ropes!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Lol. What fun! I await word of your safety though, Ginnie!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Oh I love that delightful tale about the "wee" people. Do be careful not to rile them up any more than you all ready have:)) Keep posting so we know you are all right.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home